Ramadan in Qatar can feel like a ghost town, especially when Ramadan occurs in the summer months. During the daytime most restaurants, eateries, cafes and canteens are closed until Iftar in the evening. Generally dining places open after sunset until late in the night.
We recognise though that not everyone will be fasting. Many of you will be wondering “What’s Open During The Day in Ramadan 2016?”
For daytime dining options during Ramadan in 2017 check out “What’s Open During The Day – Ramadan in Qatar 2017”
For more information about daytime and evening food delivery and takeaway options check out our Food Delivery and Takeaway – Ramadan in Qatar feature.
Qatar Eating has put together a varied list of restaurants and cafes that are open during the daytime. If you would like to add a venue to this list please comment below.
UPDATE – More venues to be added.
- Do note that whilst some venues may be open during the day they may only offer takeaway – the dine-in option is usually not available until later on in the evening.
- If you are ordering delivery make sure to take into account a minimum of 30-40mins for delivery; there may also be other conditions for delivery such as a minimum spend so make sure to check when ordering.
UPDATE: RAMADAN IN QATAR 2016
For details about Restaurant (non-hotel) Ramadan dining check out Ramadan in Doha 2016: Non-Hotel Restaurant Iftars & Suhoors
For information about Iftar and Suhoor (Suhour) options check out Ramadan in Doha 2016 Guide – Iftar, Suhoor & Ramadan Tents
Be sure to check out our Ramadan in Qatar 2016: Everything You NEED To Know! feature which includes tips on surviving Ramadan for non-Muslims.
What’s Open During The Day in Ramadan – Qatar Eating
Four Seasons Doha
Elements restaurant will be open during Ramadan.
Breakfast Buffet: 6:30AM – 10:30AM.
Lunch: 12:00 PM – 3:00PM – Express Lunch and A la Carte (No buffet).
Snacks: 3:00PM- 7:00PM – Snacks and Light bites.
Dinner: 7:00PM- 11:30 PM – A la carte
For more information and reservations call 4494 8600 or email [email protected]
Cafe Murano, Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl-Qatar
Café Murano will be open daily throughout Ramadan with a variety of sweet and savoury offerings and a la carte breakfast and lunch options. Open from 8.00am to 12.00am.
Private Dining is available to in-house guests 24 hours a day.
For more information and bookings call +974 4035 5011 or email [email protected]
Opal by Gordan Ramsay, St. Regis Doha
Opal by Gordon Ramsay will be open during Ramadan, serving up all its European classics during breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For any of your Ramadan reservations call +974 4446 0105 or email [email protected]
Market by Jean-Georges will be open from 6:00am until 11:30pm.
Breakfast will be served from 6:00 am – 11:00 am with a choice of buffet as well as a la carte.
A la carte lunch will be served from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Express lunch is also served from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
Dinner will be offered from 5:00 pm – 11:30 pm.
Spice Market will be serving dinner from 7:00pm to midnight from their A la carte menu. Lunch operation will resumed after Ramadan.
La Spiga by Paper Moon will be open for Lunch and Dinner.
Lunch (inc Express Lunch) served between 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Dinner will be served from 5:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Paper Moon at Jaidah Square – Take away services will be available from 11:30am till closing.
W Cafe and Teuscher are open from 10:00am until midnight.
For Ramadan 2016 reservations or enquiries contact +974 4453 5000.
Coral is open for breakfast from 5:ooam – 11:am | Lunch from 12:30pm – 3:30pm. All day a la carte also available)
Mykonos restaurant is open from 12:00pm noon – to 11:30pm.
Call +974 4484 4444 for bookings and enquiries.
InterContinental Doha The City
Club Lounge is open for breakfast from 6:30am – 10:30am | Lunch from12:00pm – 3:00pm | Afternoon tea and snacks from 3:00pm – 5:00pm.
Call +974 4015 8888 for bookings and enquiries.
For reservations or enquiries contact +974 4492 1555 or email [email protected].
Banana Island Anantara
Q Lounge & Restaurant is open from 6.30 am – 6.30 pm
For reservations or enquiries contact +974 4040 5050 or email
Crowne Plaza Doha – The Business Park
Aramede restaurant is open from 6.00am until 12.00 midnight | Breakfast Buffet: 6.00am to 10:30am | Lunch: 12.00pm to 3.00pm – Set Menu/A la carte | Iftar Buffet: Sunset to 9.00pm
Savor Lounge is open from 7.00am to 2.00am. You can watch UEFA Euro 2016 matches live during Ramadan from 6.00pm (10th June to 10th July 2016). | Breakfast a la carte: 6.00am to 11:00am | Lunch/Dinner a la carte: 11.00am until 8.00pm.
Liquidity Restaurant is open from 9.00am until 10.00pm for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner a la carte.
For more information and reservations call +974 4408 7777.
The Doha Marriott’s all-day dining Corniche Restaurant will be open throughout Ramadan. Breakfast: 6:00am – 10:30am Lunch: 12:00pm – 3:00pm Dinner: 6:30pm – 11:30pm
For reservations or enquiries contact +974 4429 8499 or email [email protected]
Doubletree by Hilton Doha
Open Bistro will also be open daily for lunch buffet from 12.00pm until 3.00pm.
For bookings call +974 4034 3333.
Grand Hyatt Doha
During Ramadan the hotel’s main restaurant will be Rocca open from 6:30 am until 11:30 pm. Buffet breakfast will be served from 6:30 am to 11:00 am, while lunch and dinner will consist of à la carte Italian cuisine prepared by Chef Marco.
Call +974 4448 1272 for bookings and enquiries.
Trader Vic’s will be open from 12.00pm and will serve Business Lunch. Enjoy a 2 course meal for QAR 75 or 3 courses for QAR 95 from 12.00pm-3.00pm on weekdays during Ramadan. Trader Vic’s will also transform into a Euro Cup fan zone with 50inch TV screens.
Zawaya open for breakfast from 8:00am – 11:30am | Lunch from 12:00pm – 3:00pm |Dinner 7:00pm – 2:00am.
Mawasem is open for breakfast Sun to Thurs from 6:00am – 10:30am | Fri and Sat open for breakfast from 6:00am – 11:00am.
For reservations call +974 4423 3118
Marriott Marquis City Center
Quick Bites will be open daily from 6.00am until 11.00pm.
Crossroads Kitchen will open daily from 6.00am until 11.00am.
Cucina will be open daily from 12.00pm until 3.00pm and 6.00pm until 11.00pm.
For more information and reservations call +974 4419 5000 or visit marriottmarquisdohadining.com
Hyde Park Coffee Shop is open for Breakfast from 6.00am – 10.00am | Lunch 12.00pm noon – 3.00pm | Iftar Buffets from sunset until 11.00pm.
Bistro Bistro restaurant will serve a la carte menu and is open 24 hrs daily.
For more information call +974 4428 1555.
Kempinski Residences & Suites
Gourmet House is open from 7:00am – 10:00pm all day throughout Ramadan.
Aroma is open for breakfast 6:30am – 11:00am | Lunch 12:00pm – 4:00pm | Dinner 7:00pm – 11:00pm *Four course Iftar Set Menu is also available from QR195 pp from sunset until 8:30pm.
For more information and bookings call +974 4405 3325
Sridan, the hotel’s souq-themed buffet restaurant, will remain open as usual (from 6:00am until 12:00 midnight) during Ramadan and continue to offer their dinner buffet priced at QR129 per person. For reservations call +974 4429 5295.
For more information and reservations call +974 4429 5295 or email [email protected]
Breakfast buffet Sunday – Thursday from 6:00am – 10:30am and Friday – Saturday from 6:00am – 11:00am | Lunch buffet 12:00 noon – 3pm | Dinner buffet 6:30pm – 10:30pm | A la carte 6am – 12midnight
Sharq Village and Spa
Al Liwan restaurant will offer breakfast and lunch a la carte, as well as Iftar Buffet.
For more information and reservations call +974 4425 6666
Sheraton Grand Doha
The Lounge is open for Breakfast 6:00am – 10:30am | Lunch 12:00pm – 3:00pm | Dinner from sunset – 8:00pm.
For more information and reservations call +974 4485 3000
Corniche restaurant opens daily for breakfast 6:00am – 10:30am | Lunch 12:00pm noon – 3:00pm | Dinner from 8:30pm – 11:30pm
For more information and reservations call +974 4429 8499
Ric’s Country Kitchen Doha, Ras Abu Aboud Street
Open from 8:00am until 10:00pm – However, only Takeaway and Delivery available from 8:00am until Sunset (Dine-In only after Sunset).
For more information +974 4443 7846.
Sandwich Factory, The Gate Mall
Delivery and Takeaway available from 9:00am until 2.00am. Dine-In from 6:00pm until 3:00am.
For more information +974 4020 6555.
Qatar Mall Timings 2016
City Centre Mall
Shops Open Sat – Thursday 10:00am – 1:00am | Shops Open Friday 3.00pm – 1:00am
Food Court, Restaurants, & Cafes Open from Iftar up to 1:00am.
Shops Open for First Two Weeks Sat – Thursday 10:00am – 3:00pm & 7:30pm- 12:00am | Shops Open Friday 7:30pm – 12:00am
Shops Open for Last Two Weeks Sat – Thursday 10:00am – 3:00pm & 7:30pm – 1:00am | Friday 7:30pm – 1:00am
Food Court, Restaurants, & Cafes Open for First Two Weeks from Iftar up to 12:00am | Food Court, Restaurants, & Cafes Open for First Two Weeks from Iftar up to 1:00am.
Shops Open for First Two Weeks Sat – Thursday 9:00am – 3:00pm & 8:00pm- 12:00am | Shops Open Friday 8:00pm – 12:00am
Shops Open for Last Two Weeks Sat – Thursday 9:00am – 1:00am | Friday 2:00pm – 1:00am
Food Court, Restaurants, & Cafes Open from 6:00pm until 1:00am throughout Ramadan.
Geant Supermarket Open from Sat – Thurs 8:00am to 1:00am | Friday 8:00am – 11:00am & 12:30pm – 1:00am.
Royal Plaza Mall
Saturday to Wednesday – Open from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 8:00pm to midnight | Thursday open from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 8:00pm to 1:00am | Friday open from 8:00pm to 1:00am
Food Court, Restaurants, & Cafes Open from 6:30pm until 12:00am throughout Ramadan.
Shops Open from Sun to Wed 10:00am to 3:00pm & 8:00pm to 2:00am | hours to Sat open from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 8:00pm to 1:00am | Friday closed during Friday prayer break only from 11:30am to 12:30pm
Food Outlets open from Iftar until Suhoor
Carrefour Market – Open from 9:00am to 1:00am all week. | Friday closed only during prayer break from 11:00am until 12:30pm.
Shops open Saturday to Thursday from 10:00am to 3pm & 8:00pm to 12:00am | Friday open from 8:00pm to 12:00am
Restaurants open from Iftar until 1:00am
Shops open Monday to Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 7:30pm to 1:00am | Saturday from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 7:30pm to 1:00am | Friday and Sunday open from 7:30pm to 1:00am
Restaurants open from Iftar until 1:30am
The Gate Mall
Shops open from 10:00 to 3:00pm & 8:00pm until 1:00am.
Restaurants open from 6:00pm until 1:00am
City Centre Mall
Shops open from Sunday to Thursday from 10:00am to 1:00am | Fridays open from 3:30pm to 1:00am
Restaurants open from iftar until 1:00am.
Al Khor Mall
Shops open from Sat to Thurs from 10:00am to 1:00pm & 7:30pm to 12:30am | Fridays open from 2:00pm until 5:00pm & 7:30pm to 12:30am midnight.
Food outlets open from 7:30pm until 1:00am
Shops open from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 7:30pm to 12:00am midnight | Fridays open from 7:30pm until midnight
Restaurants open from iftar until 12:00am midnight.
Dar Al Salaam Mall
Shops Open for First Two Weeks Thurs to Sat from 10:00am to 3:00pm & 7.30pm to midnight | Fridays from 3:00pm to midnight.
Shops Open for Last Two Weeks Thurs to Sat from 10:00am to 1:00am | Fridays from 3:00pm to 1:00am.
Restaurants open from 5:00pm (no dine in until after after time) to 1:00am.
Please note additional opening timings below are from Doha News:
Al Asmakh Mall
Open daily (except) Fridays from 10am until 2pm, then daily from 7:30pm until 12:30am.
Supermarkets Timings During Ramadan
- Lulu: D-Ring, Al Gharafa, Al Khor, Barwa City – Open Saturday to Thursday, 9am to 1am; and Fridays from 8am to 10:30am, then 12:30pm to 1am. Lulu Express Al Rayyan – Open Saturday to Thursday, 8am to midnight; and Fridays from 8am to 10:30am, then 12:30pm to midnight. Lulu Center Al Rayyan Road – Open Saturday to Thursday, 10am to 4pm, then 7:30pm to midnight; and Fridays, 4pm to midnight.
- Family Food Center (all branches): Open Saturday to Thursday, 8:30am to 6pm and then 7:30pm until 1am; Fridays, 8:30am to 10:30am, then 12:30pm to 6pm, and 7:30pm to midnight.
- Carrefour: Villaggio, City Center, Landmark and Dar Al Salam branches – Open Saturday to Thursday from 9am to 1am, and Fridays from 9am to 11am, then open 12:30pm to 1am. Ezdan Mall – Open from 9am to 1am every day; closed from 11am to 12:30pm on Friday. Lagoona mall – Open Saturday to Thursday, 9am to midnight, and Friday from 8am to 11am, then 12:30pm to midnight.
- Geant at Hyatt Plaza: Open Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 1am and Fridays 8am to 11am then 12:30pm to 1am.
- Al Meera: Branches at Bin Omran, Al Wakrah, Hazm Al Markhiya, Azghawa, Khalifa South, Nuaija and Rawdat Al Khail are open daily 8am til 1am (closed for prayers on Friday). Airport branch is open Saturday to Wednesday 9am til 1am, Thursday and Friday 9am til 2am (closed for prayers Friday). Mansoura – 8am til 2am daily (closed Friday prayers). Gulf Mall – open daily 8am til 11pm weekdays and until 12 midnight on Thursdays and Fridays (closed for Friday prayers). Beverly Hills No. 3 – open 8am til 10pm daily (closed Friday prayers). West Bay Lagoon – open 24 hours (closed Friday prayers). Residential Complex 1 and 2 branches – Open daily 8:30am til 10:30pm (closed Friday prayers). Ghuwairiya – open daily 8am til 2pm then 3:30pm til 10pm (closed for Friday prayers). Kaban – open 9am til 2pm then 3:30pm til 10pm (closed for Friday prayers). Sealine – open weekdays 12 noon til 10pm and weekends from 12 noon til 12 midnight. All other branches are open from 8am til 12 midnight, but will be closed for Friday prayers. All branches will close for prayers on Friday from 11am til 12:30pm.
- Monoprix (Dafna/West Bay): Open from Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 10pm, and Fridays 8am to 11:30am, then 1pm to 10pm.
- Spinneys: The Mall – Open Saturday to Thursday from 8am to 11pm, and Fridays from 8am to 11am, then 12:30pm to 11pm. Porto Arabia and Medina Centrale (the Pearl): Open Saturday to Thursday from 8am to midnight, and Fridays from 8am to 11am, then 12:30pm to midnight.
- MegaMart (all branches): Open Saturday to Thursday from 8am to 12 midnight, and Fridays from 8am to 11am, then 12:30pm to midnight.
Museum Timings During Ramadan
- Museum of Islamic Art: Open Sunday and Monday from 8pm to midnight, closed on Tuesdays, open Wednesday and Thursday from 8pm to midnight, closed Fridays, and open Saturday from 8pm to midnight. MIA will be the first day of Eid.
- MIA park: Open daily from 6pm to 6am. It will be closed on the first day of Eid.
- Fire Station: Open Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 8pm to midnight, closed Tuesday, and open Wednesday to Friday from 8pm to midnight.
- QM Gallery in Katara will be closed during Ramadan.
- Mathaf: Open Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10am til 5pm. Closed Monday and Friday.
- Al Riwaq: Open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from 11am til 4pm then from 8pm til 12 midnight. Closed Tuesday and Friday.
Feature Image Credit: Elements, Four Seasons