Calling all young chefs in Qatar!
Check out this interesting Burger Cooking Competition from local deli-restaurant Eatopia, located on the second floor of The Gate Mall. An interesting competition aimed at teenagers (12-15 year olds) that is designed to get Doha’s youth to express their creativity through their cooking. If you are too young or too old for the competition then tell your friends, your neighbour’s children, fellow colleagues…because you never know just who you could help inspire!
Eatopia Competition – How to Enter:
Eatopia is challenging entrants to create their best burger recipe with ingredients purchased from Eatopia’s Fine Food Store. Entrants should also submit their burger recipe and include a short description (no more than 100 to 250 words) about the recipe’s history/heritage and why the recipe is meaningful to you. You also need to send a digital photograph of the prepared recipe and a scanned copy of the ingredients’ receipt.
There are a few additional rules and details that you should know, which have been published below (you can also check on the Eatopia Facebook page). Please be aware that amendments and changes may be made by Eatopia management team.
Executive Chef Phillipe Bossert is the chef behind Eatopia’s multi-cuisine concept with live kitchens for freshly cooked food. He will be judging entries based on creativity, taste, and use of ingredients.
The winning prize includes a QR300 dining voucher, a chef apron and hat, an opportunity to cook your recipe with Executive Chef Phillipe Bossert, and Eatopia will also feature the winning burger on their menu for a six month time period! So what are you waiting for…get cooking and experimenting!
Eatopia Burger Competition Rules
- You must create an original burger recipe.
- The competition is open only to 12 – 15 yeard olds living in Qatar.
- The deadline for entries is 21st September 2015 at 8.00pm.
- Shop for all your ingredients at Eatopia’s Fine Food Store – you will need to show proof of purchase.
- Email the recipe with a short description to [email protected]
- Send a digital photograph of the prepared recipe (photo files must be JPEG or PNG format only)
- Send a scanned copy of the ingredients’ receipts
- The recipe must list all the ingredients used as well as step-by-step cooking instructions
- Entries may be in Arabic as well as English
Competition Judging Criteria:
One winner will be selected among all eligible entries received based on the following criteria:
i) Originality and creativity of the recipe (0 – 10 points)
ii) Appetite appeal and taste of the recipe (0 – 10 points)
iii) Ingredients used in the recipe (0 – 10 points)
iv) Meaningful description of the history/heritage of the recipe (1 – 10 points)
All entries will be judged by chef Philippe whose decision will be final and binding all matters relating to this competition.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. The company in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed to be inappropriate or in violation of the official competition rules.
2. The company is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected entries
3. The company is not responsible for entries that are processed late or incorrectly, or those that are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error or entries not received for any reason whatsoever
4. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this competition and your consent for the company to obtain and deliver your name, details and photograph for the purpose of competition announcement and data relating to marketing activities
5. By participating in the contest each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry may be posted on the company’s website or any other social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or in the company sole discretion. Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry submitted.
Winner Notification/Prize Release:
The winner of Eatopia’s Burger Battle will be notified on the 1 October 2015 and upon notification the entrant is expected to participate in the cooking session with Chef Philippe no later than the 21 October 2015. The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issuing and is to be used at the restaurant.
Pic Credits: Eatopia