The application process for applying to be a vendor at MIA Park Baaar is once again open. This is the popular bazaar that takes place every Friday and Saturday inside MIA Park. This year’s season is expected to begin again in October.
Vendors sell a variety of items including handicrafts, art and paintings, clothes, jewellery, and Arabic perfumes. There are also a few food stalls selling a variety of items such as baked goods, honey, and dates.
The event makes for an interesting few hours for families on a weekend day out! UPDATE: The first MIA Park Bazaar will start on Friday 6th October 2017, and will continue every weekend until the end of the season.
The timings for the MIA Park Bazaar:
Friday – 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday – 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Everything You NEED To Know:
How To Book a Stall at MIA Park Bazaar
So if you are interested in booking a stall then here is all the information you need to know.
The Bazaar is free for vendors to set up stalls, but you do have to make an application in order to be considered. You have to download the official application form which is available at the MIA Park Bazaar website.
Make sure to complete it correctly and sign all relevant sections. You should then send an email to [email protected] with your full name, your Qatar ID, a contact number, and at least five photographs of the products you will be selling.
On the official application form all prospective MIA Park Vendors need to submit the following information:
- What type of time they will be selling? Categories include food, toys, hand made crafts, clothes and more.
- Vendor’s personal details, including their QID and whether they have taken part in other bazaars in Qatar.
- Vendors will also need to return signed forms with regards to the rules and regulations of having a stall at MIA Bazaar, and the food regulations form (if relevant).
If you have been successfully chosen the MIA Park Bazaar will contact vendors via email. Successful Vendors will be invited to a meeting before the start of the Bazaar season.
UPDATE: All Vendors have been chosen for the start of the season. If you are still interested in being a vendor at the Bazar, then the advice from MIA Park Bazaar organisers is that you should send an email application after Saturday 7th October.
You can also enquire at the registration desk at MIA Park Bazaar should you need more details. Look for the Bazaar Manager or talk to any of the organisers.
Any Vendor who does not confirm to the below regulations will not be allowed to hold a stall at the MIA Park Bazaar.
Any violation of these rules and regulations will result in dismissal from the Bazaar and you will not be able to re-book a table until you have satisfied MIA Park organiser that the violations will not occur again. If a vendor repeatedly violates these rules they will barred.
All the important information and regulations for MIA Park Bazaar Stall Vendors:
- On the day of the Bazaar make surer to bring your QID to collect your table number from the registration desk.
- You may only sell food OR handicrafts – vendors cannot sell both on the same stall.
- Vendors arriving after 1:00pm on Fridays or 12:00pm on Saturdays will not be allowed to set up, and their table will be given to other vendors.
- Vendors must stay at the Bazaar until the official closing time.
- Tables are allocated every week to allow everyone to have a table with prime position. Vendors cannot choose their own tables.
- It is forbidden to bring any gas cylinder or use a live fire.
- You must adhere to the modest dress code as per MIA regulations.
- You must keep your stay tidy and clean, and tidy up before you leave.
- You must cover your table with a neat table cover.
- All vendors must have their own tents, overhead covers or shades. These will not be provided by MIA Park Bazaar.
- You may not move or reposition tables.
- You may not give your tables to other people.
- If you cannot participate on a particular day then you must inform the organiser immediately so your table can be allocated to someone else.
Extra food regulations for MIA Park Bazaar Stall Vendors:
- Food vendors have to secure that they follow strict hygiene standards, which includes ensuring that food is to left uncovered, and that they wear disposable gloves and hair nets while serving food.
- Vendors must also ensure all utensils are clean, and that their tables are neat and tidy.
- All food waste must be properly bagged and disposed, and the grass should be kept clean around your table.
- Food vendors must have a tent to cover their area and a neat and clean table cloth.
- Food must be freshly cooked on-site or be ready-made food of high quality and made in accordance with food hygiene standards.
- Each table is allowed to bring 2 Machines only. MIA reserves the right to unplug any additional machines – this will be done either by the Organizers or the electrical team on duty.
- There will be random food hygiene tests conducted by organisers to ensure standards are maintained.