At this time of year when we mention Turkey with all the trimmings we are not talking about an early Xmas in Doha. Rather, it’s almost time for American Thanksgiving – traditionally a post-harvest festival of giving thanks within communities.
For Thanksgiving 2017 check out the following features:
For those of you looking to join in the celebrations there are plenty of Thanksgiving Dinners in Doha to get excited about. And if you would prefer a more intimate celebration consider ordering a Thanksgiving Dinner from the many Takeaway Turkeys or Turkey To Go offers this year.
For Christmas in Doha 2016 Events including Tree Lightings, Turkey Takeaways, Santa and Meals please see our Christmas in Doha 2016 – All Festive Events Feature.
Consider using the availability of Dinners and Takeaway Turkeys as an excuse to celebrate Xmas a little early. As many residents travel during the Christmas holidays, it may be a good idea to book in for a buffet dinner or order a Turkey to your home to celebrate early with friends and family.
Doha’s Thanksgiving Dinners & Takeaway Turkeys
Be sure to double check all details once you make your Thanksgiving Dinner reservations or Takeaway Turkey Orders. We will update this feature once more Thanksgiving Dinners in Doha are confirmed.
For a smooth Thanksgiving be sure to bear the following tips in mind:
- If you are booking a Thanksgiving Dinner then be sure to get your number of guests right, and provide any dietary requirements to the venue in advance.
- Popular venues get booked out quickly so be sure to book ahead.
- Always check for last minute changes with your guests, and keep venues informed if you are running late.
- If your group is large enough you may be able to book a private room. Check with restaurants if that is something they can provide; make sure to ask if there is an additional fee.
Tips for Takeaway Turkey Dinners:
- Make sure to order the correct weight of turkey based on the number of expected diners, and don’t forget to consider what the venue will provide if you do choose the ‘with trimmings’ option.
- If you decide to go down the route of ordering your turkey, be sure to order at least 48 hours in advance of the time you wish to collect the turkey (however some venues may take bookings 72 hours in advance).
- Make sure you order your Turkey to collect for the day that you are going to eat it, as all items will be prepared fresh.
- It is possible to order other proteins instead of, or even in addition to, a Turkey. Options depend on the venue but includes Rib Eye.
- Most venues require bookings for takeaway turkeys to be paid fully in advance, so be sure to double-check all the conditions for this service.
- If you order by email or fax expect an order confirmation reply – if you don’t receive one promptly then follow up by calling the venue.
- Make sure to check with your diners to see if they have any allergies or dietary requirements that you would have to take into consideration when placing your Thanksgiving Turkey order.
- Also will you be ordering your sides – if so double-check whether sides are included with the turkey order, and what exactly is offered. If you order extra sides make sure to ask for full pricings and weight measurements so you know exactly how much you are spending. Venues will have different offerings for side dishes, and the prices for the amount by weight of side dishes will also differ.
- Write down all your order details and be sure to note down where to collect your Takeaway Turkey Dinner from and at what time. Keep the venue contact details with you so you can keep them updated if you are going to be late. Always ask for an email verification of your order with detailed costings.
- Finally, it is imperative that you remember food safety, so transport food carefully in insulated packaging. If you have any questions always ask the venue for more information and details about warming up food.
As always this isn’t an exhaustive list of venues and we will keep updating the list as and when necessary – if you would like to add a venue to the list then leave a comment below. Alternatively, you can contact Qatar Eating on our social media channels FACEBOOK; TWITTER; INSTAGRAM, or use our ‘Contact’ Page.
Whatever you decide to do for Thanksgiving, have a lovely time with your family and loved ones!
Doha’s Thanksgiving Dinners
Enjoy a week of Thanksgiving celebrations at Hunters as they welcome guest Chef Matilda Robinson to Doha. Arriving from Washington she will be preparing an all-American Thanksgiving Dinner. Available from 24th November until 1st December 2016; priced from QAR 220 (beverages not included).
For more information and bookings call +974 4492 1555 or email [email protected]
InterContinental Doha The City
Celebrate Thanksgiving on November 24th at The Square restaurant with a buffet spread of traditional turkey with all the trimmings. Dinner will be available form 6.00pm until 11.00pm. Diners can also enjoy a seasonal dessert selection that includes the popular Pumpkin Pie.
Priced at QAR 255 (with soft drinks); QAR 390 (with select beverages).
For more information and reservations call +974 4015 8888.
Four Seasons Doha
Celebrate Thanksgiving on November 24th (6.30-10.30pm) at newly refurbished Il Teatro restaurant. Enjoy Thanksgiving. With traditional turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy and pumpkin pies. Priced from QAR285 (with soft drinks).
For more information and reservations call +974 4494 8600.
Ric’s Country Kitchen, Ras Abu Aboud Street
Enjoy a Thanksgiving Buffet with Turkey or Rib Eye on November 24th 2016. With cornbread stuffing and sides of potatoes, carrots, been bean casserole, sweet potato and green salad. Desserts options include Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie or Peach Cobbler.
Priced at QAR190.
P.S Turkey can also be ordered to go.
For more information and reservations call +974 4443 7846.
Enjoy a Thanksgiving at Choices on Thursday 24th November 2016 with a seafood themed buffet, that includes fresh seafood, salads and pasta. There will also be roasted meats from the carving stations with all the trimmings. Priced at QAR 280 (food only); QAR 360 (select beverages). Children between 6 and 11 years – priced at QAR150.
On 25th November 2016 enjoy a pre-Xmas Brunch at Choices, where Oryx Rotana will be creating a traditional Christmas atmosphere, includes a special guest. Available between 12.30pm – 4.00pm priced at QAR 270 (with soft drinks); priced at QAR 350 (with select beverages). Children between 6 and 11 years – priced at QAR150.
For more information and bookings call +974 4402 3333.
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha
Enjoy a buffet dinner at Crossroads Kitchen priced from QAR245.
For more information and reservations call +974 4419 6134.
Doha’s Turkey Takeaways
Four Seasons Doha
For a no fuss Thanksgiving order your Turkey-To-Go with all the trimmings professionally prepared by Four Seasons chefs. Turkey is priced at QAR150 per kg; available in three sizes for servings from 6 to 12 persons. Trimmings include Turkey Gravy, Brussels Sprouts, Glazed Sweet Potatoes, and Mashed potato.
Order your Turkey at least 72 hours in advance.
For orders and more information call +974 4494 8600 or email [email protected]
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha
Order a festive Turkey with trimmings from Quick Bites Cafe. Available from 24th November until 26th December 2016 (6.00pm – 11.00pm). Place your orders 48 hours before your pick up time. Orders must be paid for in advance and fully.
Turkey is priced from QAR495 for a 4-5.5kg Roasted Turkey and from QAR550 for Roasted Rib Eye 2kgs. Sides are priced individually weighing 500gms and priced at QAR40 – and includes Roasted Pumpkin, Honey Glazed Carrots, Roasted Kipfler Potatoes, and Sweet Potato pecan and marshmallow casserole.
Call +974 4419 5000 | +974 4419 6134 for more details and orders or email [email protected].
St. Regis Doha
Enjoy a Takeaway Thanksgiving Dinner prepared by St. Regis Chefs. Priced from QAR 990 for a Thanksgiving Dinner Package; recommended for 8-10 people. Includes Roasted whole turkey, Roasted potato, Sweet potato mash, Honey glazed carrot, Roasted Parsnip, and Pumpkin pie.
Order 48 hour in advance. Full payment to be made at time of order. Pick-up Dinners from Concierge Desk at Hotel Lobby.
(You can also order a St. Regis Christmas Turkey Dinner with a festive menu that includes Brussel Sprouts and Buche De Noel).
For more information and orders call +974 4446 0000.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl
Enjoy a fuss-free Thanksgiving with family and friends and order a Turkey in a box for you and your loved one. Roasted Turkey is 5-6kg and serves 5-6 people; priced from QAR995.
Order 48 hours in advance; Collection is available from 15th November.
For orders and more information call +974 4035 5011 or email [email protected]
C.Taste, Centro Capital Doha
Enjoy Thanksgiving with a Turkey-To-Go with Brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli, glazed nuts and cranberry sauce.
Priced at QAR 299. Available on 24th November 2016. Requires 24 hours notice.
For more details and bookings call +974 4455 5000.