Eid Al-Fitr 2015 Festival will be celebrated for five days from the first day of Eid Al-Fitr, as organised by Qatar Tourism Authority and selected venues across Doha. Information desks will be set up at the airport and in malls to answer any questions about Eid in Qatar and the Eid Al-Fitr Festival.
FOR EID AL ADHA Sept 2016 EVENTS SEE Eid Celebrations and Events Feature
FOR EID AL FITR 2016 EVENTS SEE Celebrating Eid in Doha 2016 Events
[FOR EID AL-ADHA EVENTS INFORMATION YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR EID IN QATAR: EID AL-ADHA FESTIVAL 2015 FEATURE]
UPDATE: The QTA have released the events schedule for Eid in Qatar celebrations…enjoy the city-wide party!
Eid in Qatar Events 2015:
Exclusive shows have been organised at the Malls from 4.00pm – 10.00pm including:
- Peter Pan at City Centre Doha
- Circus Canada at Al Khor Mall
- Jungle Book at Lagoona Mall. UPDATE: ‘Join us this Eid with The Jungle Book, an exclusive family oriented show, featuring young Mowgli, Old Baloo the Bear, Shere Khan and many more. Fun characters, catchy songs and acrobatic performances make The Jungle Book a fascinating show to be enjoyed by everyone! Starting the first day of Eid and for five days! Twice daily at 5:30 pm and 8:15 pm.‘
- Pinocchio at Hyatt Plaza
- Meet the Nicktoons at Ezdan Mall
- Cinderella at The Mall
- The Little Prince at Dar Al Salam Mall
- Eid in Qatar will also offer daily family entertainment shows including mime shows, The Rene Magritte Show, The Bubble Jo Show, and the Magic Paper Artist, as well as traditional Qatari Ardah performances throughout the country at malls starting at 4pm and continuing until 10pm. The shows will rotate between Hyatt Plaza, City Centre Doha, Ezdan Mall, Lagoona Mall, Al Khor Mall, and Dar Al Salam Mall.
- Villagio Mall will have a Musical and Circus Parade with roaming penguins. There will be 3 shows daily from the first day of Eid until the sixth day. Timings of Shows: 5.00pm, 6.15pm, and 8.00pm.
- Festival highlights include family-friendly musical ‘Elmo Makes Music’ produced by the makers of the popular Sesame Street program. The show will be held from 18 – 22 July at Qatar National Convention Centre, with tickets selling at Virgin Megastores’ website and Q-tickets. Shows will run twice at 5pm and 8pm. Ticket prices start from QR99 and Early Bird prices are only available until Friday July 10th. Children under 3 years are free but must be seated on their parents lap.
- UPDATE: ‘Aalam El Karda’ – Come and enjoy a fantastic Arabic musical play dealing with events of the friendly animals of the forest. It will be playing at Qatar National Theatre on Sunday July 19th at 5.00pm (the doors open at 4.00pm). Please note that tickets must be purchased for under 3s must have their own tickets. Tickets cost QR100 and VIP is QR500. You can buy tickets from Virgin Megastores.
- Meanwhile older audiences will be able to enjoy the stage production ‘Bishowish’ [Take it Easy], an Arab Regions touring play that will show at Katara Theatre from 18 – 27 July. The play was written by Teyseer Abdullah and is directed by Saad Burshed, and stars a mix of 16 Qatari and Arab actors including Khaled Al Egeireb, Ali Ghreer, Khalil Al-Ramees, Muneera Mohammed, and Mohammed Al Sonni.
- Daily fireworks will light up the sky at Katara Cultural Village during Eid in Qatar. UPDATE: Expect firework displays from the first day of Eid until the fourth day at 10.00pm.
- Souq Waqif will host daily music concerts in collaboration with Sout Al Rayyan Radio Station.
The Schedule of Events at Souq Waqif is below. There is a Monopoly Tent Events in Al-Ahmed Square from 18th – 23 July with events from 10.00am-4.00pm, with lots of activities including Face Painting, Air Hockey, Giant Darts and Mini Go Kart Race Track. There will also be a Paint the Eid crafts at Souq Waqif Art Center from 18th – 23rd July with activites from 9.30am – 4.30pm.
- Eid in Qatar will be celebrated on the The Pearl-Qatar from 17 – 19 July from 6.00pm – 10.00pm. There will be lots of children’s activities at Tickles & Giggles, the play area at 18 La Croisette, Porto Arabia. Children can enjoy activities such as face painting, decorating cupcakes, bending balloons, art workshops, playing with cartoon mascots and indulging in unlimited tasty pop corn and cotton candy at the Tickles and Giggles play arena.
- Eid in Qatar celebrations will be taking place throughout The Pearl-Qatar (for three days of events), Al Dosari Zoo, Aqua Park, Sheikh Faisal Al Thani Museum, Al Samrya Horse Riding, and Air Sport Committee.
UPDATE: ‘Come celebrate Eid with us and let us help you and your family enjoy art, have experiences around the collection, and be involved in various workshops and activities; we will also offer family oriented museum tours with experienced guides telling you all the stories around different aspects of our magnificent and diverse collection.
Be an artist for one day at Sheikh Faisal Al Thani Museum!’ Please remember that you need to make a booking before you visit this Museum – you can do so by heading to Sheikh Faisal Al Thani Museum online site or by calling on 6687 74177. For more information you can also email [email protected]. Crafts activities cost QR60 per participant, whilst entry for visitors from 9 to 18 years is QR10 and for adults it is QR15.’
- Qatar Tourism Authority will also welcome visitors at Hamad International Airport and Abu Samra Crossing with information pamphlets and ‘Eidiya’ – gifts traditionally given at Eid.
Eid in Qatar is the official website for the Eid Al-Fitr Festival. If you know of any other Eid celebrations then please leave a comment below or share on our social media pages, and we will update this information.
- UPDATE – The Phillipine Embassy in Doha has arranged a Filipino Food Festival from 17-19 July 2015 (these dates are tentative depending on the first day of Eid). It will be located near to the Embassy at the Big Tent at Al Dafna, which can be found along the highway between Qatar University and the Philippine Embassy. It will run from 9 AM to 10 PM and entry is free and will be open to all members of the public. They plan to have Face Painting, Balloon Twisitng, Henna and a Magic Show. Another reason to celebrate Eid in Qatar!