Wednesday 21st March sees the return of the annual Goût de France. Known as the Good France event it is organised by the French Ministry for Europe & Foreign Affairs and Alain Ducasse.
Good France is a unique global event held on 5 continents in over 150 countries which, for this fourth consecutive year, will involve French embassies abroad and chefs from around the world.
They will all offer “French menus” on Wednesday 21 March 2018. Across the world there will be approximately 3,000 participating restaurants, including 1,500 chefs currently registered in France.
Goût de France, also known as Good France, is a unique global event held on 5 continents in over 150 countries. It involves French embassies abroad and chefs from around the world in promoting and highlighting French cuisine. French gastronomy has become one of the key drivers of France’s attractiveness and cultural outreach. The wealth of France’s cuisine has been supported by the inclusion of the “gastronomic meal of the French” on the UNESCO list of intangible cultural heritage.
The event is organised by the French Ministry for Europe & Foreign Affairs, and International Chef Alain Ducasse. This year there will be a special tribute to Chef Paul Bocuse who passed away earlier this year and is known to be one of the main proponents of the new French cuisine movement which highlighted fresh high quality ingredients. Participating chefs will have the opportunity to include one of Paul Bocuse’s dishes or a dish inspired by him in their menu.
Over 3,000 restaurants around the world are expected to participate on Wednesday 21st March 2018, when they will offer French menus. For the first time there will be a regional focus with the Nouvelle Aquitaine region selected as guest of honour.
Since November 2017, restaurants around the world, from fine restaurants to high-quality bistros, have been invited to apply and offer a menu showcasing France’s culinary traditions. An international selection committee of chefs, supported by the embassies, approve the list of participating chefs and ensure the quality and coherence of the menus.
Good France 2018 in Doha
Across Doha several restaurants will once again be taking part in Good France. Diners can book their Good France Menu for Wednesday 21st March at the following restaurants:
- Market by Jean-Georges at W Doha Hotel & Residences | Contact +974 4453 5135
- IDAM at the Museum of Islamic Art | Contact +974 4422 4488
- Walima at Mondrian Doha | Contact +974 4045 5555
- Prime Steakhouse at InterContinental Doha The City | Contact +974
- Porcini at Ritz Carlton Doha | Contact +974 4484 8000
- Olive Oil at City Centre Rotana Doha | Contact +974 4445 8888
- La Villa at Mercure Grand Hotel Doha | Contact +974 4446 2222
- Fauchon Paris Cafe located on Salwa Road | Contact +974 4435 5588
GOUT DE FRANCE / GOOD FRANCE 2018
3 key events, with the Goût de France / Good France label, will promote the excellence of French gastronomy throughout France and abroad:
• 21 March 2018 – Good France with over 3,000 chefs and 150 French embassies celebrating French cuisine.
• June 2018 – international gastronomy forum held in Paris hosting international players.
• From 21 to 23 September 2018 – key figures of the world of gastronomy will be in action sharing their talents and skills with the public at a large event.
The above three events are expected to be joined together in 2019 to create a new culinary highlight in France’s events calendar, and will promote French gastronomy and the attractiveness of all of France’s tourist destinations.