Innovative technology has been brought together with the food industry to bring a new dining concept to Doha. McDonalds Qatar has introduced a ‘Create Your Taste’ concept which allows diners to customise their burger – it’s a Big Mac with lots of extras!
McDonalds Qatar – How Does It Work?
The Build-Your-Own-Burger Digital Touchscreen provides a Self-Service Kiosk that allows you to pick and choose from a range of ingredients to make your perfect Burger.
There are about 6 steps to ordering your perfect burger:
1. Choose your Burger Bun: Bakers Bun; Brioche-style; Lettuce Wrap.
2. Beef It Up with the addition of an Angus Beef Patty (costs extra for an extra patty).
3. Make It Cheesy from a selection of cheeses including Swiss Cheese.
4. Turn Up The Taste with taste teasers such as Grilled Pineapple.
5. Freshen It Up with crunchy ingredients like Lettuce Leaves and Sliced Pickles.
6. Get Saucy from a wide range of options including Big Mac Special Sauce or Spicy Sauce.
The idea appeals as it allows for variety from the usual fare provided by the fast food chain. Effort has been put into making the meal a more gourmet affair with fries presented in a metal basket and the use of different cheeses and bread options.
The eagle-eyed amongst you will have realised that there already is a McDonalds branch in City Center Mall. However, that branch is the traditional fast food chain and located within the food court. The new branch can be found on the Ground Floor and has a faux industrial air to it, with exposed metal pipework.
An interesting concept from McDonalds Qatar, which has been introduced by its parent company on a limited basis in a few regions around the world. Prices are also slightly higher to reflect the wider range of choices and quality ingredients. On the plus side, your burger is prepared fresh and to your specific preferences.
McDonalds Qatar Create Your Taste Branch can be found on the Ground Floor of City Center Mall; it is open 24 hours a day.
Pic Credit: City Center Mall; McDonalds.