Qatar International Food Festival (QIFF) is a multicultural festival that celebrates the country’s diverse food, beverage and hospitality offerings. Held over several days during spring, the Festival invites residents and visitors to enjoy special culinary experiences in scenic outdoor spaces.
Qatar International Food Festival 2018
Dates: Thursday, 15th March – Sunday, 25th March
Opening Hours: 4:00 pm – 12:00 midnight (Saturday – Wednesday) | 4:00 pm – 1:00 am (Thursday & Friday)
Main Location: Hotel Park
Organised by: Qatar Tourism Authority
- Festivities spread over entire area of Hotel Park which covers 80,000 m2
- 177 participants in total (36% increase on 2017 festival)
- 16 hotel participants bringing the best of culinary experiences at prices that do not exceed 40 QAR
- 9 embassies representing 9 countries (Mexico, Ethiopia, India, Lebanon, Philippines, South Africa, USA, Vietnam & Turkey) will be at QIFF offering festival-goers with food experiences from all corners of the world.
- 6 Food trucks
- 1 Mini zoo
- Torba Farmer’s Market (Qatar Foundation) offering farm-to-table experiences.
Price Ranges: QAR 5 – QAR 40
Daily entertainment & activities
- Live performances & cultural shows on Entertainment Stage
- Daily Fireworks from 8:00 pm – 8:05 pm (except festival opening day)
- Kids’ Zone cinema hosted by DFI
- Free group fitness classes
Festival Ground amenities & facilities
- Underground parking with over 2,500 spaces.
- 16 additional restroom units for QIFF
- Ramps for easier wheelchair and pram access
The Live Cooking Theatre returns this year with cooking demonstrations scheduled between 6:00-10:30pm as guest chefs will share their tips and tricks with a special food theme for each day. There will also be food photography sessions and food contests between 4:00-6:00pm as per the Cooking Theatre Schedule.
International celebrity chefs hosted at the cooking theater include:
- Aisha Altamimi (Qatari chef & food programme presenter)
- Ajay Chopra (Indian celebrity chef)
- Anna Olson (pastry chef on Food Network)
- Asmaa Albahar (Kuwaiti celebrity chef)
- Christine Ha (the first blind contestant in US MaterChef and 2012 winner)
- Damien Leroux (Executive Chef at IDAM)
- Fawaz AlOmaim (Kuwaiti Cook)
- Murat Bozok (Turkish celebrity chef)
- Nino Logarta (Celebrity Filipino TV chef)
- Ramzi Choueiri (Lebanese celebrity chef)
- Sulaiman Al Qassar (Kuwaiti celebrity TV chef)
- Masharu Morimoto (US Iron Chef)
- Wolfgang Puck (LA-based Michelin Star celebrity chef, famous for preparing the post-Oscars feast for 24 years)
In Doha & Around Qatar
- The festivities will extend to more than 60 restaurants and cafes around Qatar. They will offer special food groupings of at least three menu items at a pre-set price of QAR 49 (cafes & restaurants) and QAR 99 (hotels).
- Select 5-star restaurants across Doha are offering residents and visitors a unique opportunity to join internationally-acclaimed chefs for an interactive cooking and tasting experience.
- Spaces limited to 10- 20 persons per class; bookings can be made through the restaurant’/ hotels’ reservation platforms.
- Friday 16th March, 2:00-5:00pm | Special QIFF master class with Chef Damien Leroux, IDAM restaurant Different side of food on bakery and sweet recipes | Ticket Price: QAR500
- Saturday 17th March, 2:00-4:00pm |Exclusive cooking class with Chef Masharu Morimoto at Mondrian Doha | Tickets Required
- Cooking Class with Chef Anna Olson, Food Network Pastry Chef at Sheraton Grand Doha | Tickets Required
WHAT: Qatar International Food Festival 2018
WHEN: Thursday March 15 – Sunday 25th 2018
WHERE: Hotel Park
WEBSITE: Qatar International Food Festival
WHERE TO PARK: