Ramadan brings an air of excitement to Qatar with special events throughout the country. Dining becomes even more interesting, as restaurants and eateries introduce Iftar and Suhoor Set Menus. And then there are the Ramadan Tents…!
What are Ramadan Tents?
Ramadan Tents are not real tents, rather they are inspired by Bedouin or Arabian themes. The best ramadan tents feature an opulent design with draping, and mood lighting, to give the feel of a tent. Most Ramadan Tents are housed within hotel ballrooms, restaurants or attached via an outdoors terrace.
Ramadan Tents are similar to Buffets food offerings, however there is a greater focus on ethnic and regional cuisine. In some buffets this includes Machboos, large platters of rice and camel meat, Arabic desserts and beverages such as Jallab.
Keep an eye out for our special Ramadan Tent Features which will be published in the coming weeks.
Check out one of the best Ramadan Tents in Doha over at the Four Seasons Hotel Ramadan Tent 2017!
Ramadan Tents in Doha 2017
We have fun in the month of Ramadan – celebrating regional cuisines and trying out dishes only available during this month.
Take a look at our special Ramadan Tent 2017 features for:
Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Intercontinental Doha The City
Sharq Village & Spa
Grand Hyatt Doha
RAMADAN IN QATAR 2017:
As usual we will keep updating this feature so keep checking back for more Ramadan Tents!
We will once again be bringing our readers guidance and information about #RamadanInQatar 2017:
If anyone wants recommendations based on your own needs, or would like to suggest a venue then fill in our contact form or follow us and drop us a shout on our social media channels: FACEBOOK; TWITTER; INSTAGRAM. You can also leave a comment below.
At Qatar Eating we are very excited for Ramadan food offerings – and we will have special Ramadan in Qatar features for you!
For an idea of what a hotel Ramadan Tent is all about check out our previous Ramadan Tent features for the following hotels:
For previous features on Suhoor dining experiences check out IDAM Doha – Fine Dining Experience and
The Best of Doha’s Ramadan Tents
It’s going to be busy Ramadan with the following Ramadan Iftars/Suhours making our hit list! In no particular order the following are some of the BEST Ramadan Tents in Qatar in 2017!
Four Seasons Ramadan Tent 2017
Expect an Arabian Nights vibe at the Four Seasons Ramadan Tent. Located in the Al Mirqab Ballroom the venue will be decked out in teals and golds to reflect the luxury of the season.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from 6:00pm to 8:30 pm. Priced at QAR 235 per person.
SOHOUR: Sohour Buffet is available from 10:00pm until 1:30am; priced at QAR 270 per person.
*Children ages 5-12 years receive 50 percent discount.
Corporate and Group bookings available.
Four Seasons Hotel Doha also have a limited Early Bird special offer. It is available for group bookings until 12th May 2017: For 20 or more guests you will receive 10% off; and for 100 or more guests you will get 15% off. (Terms and Conditions apply so give them a call and check all the details.)
Al Jawhara Ramadan Oasis Tent 2017
Bringing the magic of the Oasis indoors, expect the Al Jawhara Ramadan Tent to appeal to all ages. With live cooking, and signature Arabian dessert buffet featuring sweets including traditional favourites such as Katayef and Kunefa. Features live Tanoura dance in the evening. Shisha is also available.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from sunset until 8:00 pm. Priced at QAR 195 per person including Ramadan beverages.
SOHOUR: Sohour Buffet is available from 9:00pm until 2:00am (and until 3:00am on weekends). QAR195 including Ramadan beverages | QAR 115 for a dessert buffet including Ramadan beverages.
*Children ages 6-12 years receive 50 percent discount. Under 6 years complimentary.
Corporate and Group bookings are also available.
Room and Iftar packages are also available at InterContinental Doha The City, starting from QAR 590 per night inclusive of a room for two and iftar for two in the Al Jawhara Ramadan Oasis. Terms and Conditions apply; for more details contact the hotel directly.
For more details and booking call reservations on 974 4015 8888 | +974 7021 8803 or email [email protected]
Sihr Al Sharq Ramadan Tent 2017
Sharq Village has an extended Sihr Al Sharq Ramadan Tent this year at its Al Dasha and Al Sonbok ballrooms. Enjoy the extensive Ramadan Iftar Buffet with flavours of the East with traditional Qatari cuisine (International cuisine will also be available). Features Oud and live oriental band.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from sunset until 8:00 pm. Priced at QAR 225 per person.
SOHOOR: Sohoor Buffet is available from 8:30pm until 2:00am; priced at QAR 250 per person.
If you’re looking for Ramadan group bookings for Iftar and Suhoor then you may contact the hotel directly to discuss bespoke menus for a special event.
During Ramadan Sharq Village & Spa will offer a special room promotion that includes luxury accommodation and Iftar (terms and conditions apply).
For more details and booking call reservations on+974 4425 6666 or visit the Sharq Village & Spa Iftar Booking Website
Enjoy Ramadan offerings the Grand Hyatt’s Ramadanak Tent.
Located in the grand Al Maha lobby come together with friends and family to break your fast.
IFTAR: Iftar buffet is served from 6:00pm until 8:30pm; priced at QAR 220 per person.
SOHOUR: Sohour Buffet is served from 10:00pm until late; priced at QAR 220 per person.
For more details and booking call reservations call +974 4448 1234
Marsa Malaz Kempinski
Ramadan Buffet will be held the Palatial Ramadan Tent at Marsa Malaz Kempinski.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from sunset until 8:00 pm. Priced at QAR 240 per person.
SOHOOR: Sohoor Buffet is available from 9:00pm until late; priced at QAR 290 per person.
*Children under 6 years of age eat free. Children between 6 and 12 years of age enjoy 50% off.
For more details and booking call reservations on +974 4035 5011 or e-mail [email protected]
W Hotel Doha
Ramadan Buffet will be held at the Sultan’s Tent at W Doha, with a select few dishes by Chef Nawal Al Sayed.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from sunset until 8:15 pm. Priced at QAR 230 per person.
SOHOOR: Sohoor Buffet is available from 9:15pm until 2:00am; priced at QAR 285 per person.
For more details and booking call reservations on +974 4453 5385 [email protected]
The St. Regis Doha
Expect two tents from The St Regis Doha: The St. Regis Souq Ramadan Tent is open for Iftar and Shout; whilst the Layaly Ramadan Tent is only available for Suhour.
IFTAR: The St. Regis Souq Ramadan Tent Iftar buffet is served daily from sunset until 8:00 pm. Priced at QAR 230 per person.
SOHOUR: Sohour Buffet at The St. Regis Souq Ramadan Tent is available from 9:30pm until 2:00am; priced at QAR 290 per person.
Sohour Buffet at Layaly Ramadan Tent is available from 9:00pm until 2:00am; priced at QAR 145 per person.
*Half price for children aged 4 to 11
For more details and booking call reservations on +974 4446 0000 or [email protected]
Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Expect Ramadan offerings to be held at Marriott Marquis’ Wanassa Ramadan Tent.
IFTAR: Iftar buffet is served from sunset until 9:00pm; priced at QAR 210 per person. *QR 110 per child
SOHOUR: Sohour is a la carte menu served from 9:30pm until 1:30am
For more details and booking call reservations call +974 4419 5000
La Cigale Hotel
IFTAR: Iftar buffet is served at Le Cigalon Restaurant from Iftar time until 11.30pm; priced at QAR 220 per person.
SOHOUR: Sohour is at the La Cigale Ramadan Tent with traditional and International dishes, live cooking stations and dessert stations. Priced at QAR 250 per person.
For more details and booking call reservations call +974 4428 8698 | 4428 8809/10
City Centre Rotana Hotel
Ramadan Buffet will be held at Almas Ramadan Tent.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is priced at QAR 195 per person.
For more details and booking call reservations on +974 4445 8888
The Torch Doha
The Torch Hotel have arranged their Ramadan buffet at their Flying Carpet Restaurant.
IFTAR: During Ramadan the Iftar buffet is served daily from maghrib prayer until 8:00 pm. Priced at QAR 210 per person including beverages.
SOHOOR: Sohoor Buffet is available from 10:30pm until 2:00am; priced at QAR 180 per person including beverages.
For more details and booking call reservations on +974 4446 600 or [email protected]
Tips for Ramadan Tents,
Iftar, and Suhoor:
A few important points to remember about spending Ramadan in Doha:
• Make sure you book in advance for Iftar or Suhoor events. The majority of locals visit friends and family for Iftar during the start of Ramadan – this means that it does get busier later on the month. Also some venues are famously popular and will get booked out very quickly.
• If you are arranging an Iftar or Suhoor for a larger group then always ask for a discount, whether you are going to a five star hotel restaurant or a local dining place. If you group is over 15 people you may be eligible for a discount. But do remember that Doha venues do have different policies regarding minimum numbers for private group bookings.
• Double-check the timings of the event you wish to attend, as Iftar and Suhoor event timings for Ramadan in Doha will be very different. Iftar events usually start from sunset until 8-9.00pm, depending on the venue. Suhoor timings usually begin from 9.00pm until midnight or 1-2am – again depends on the venue. Also you should remember that there may be different timings for a la carte menu service as there will always be a time limit for food orders. For example, venues open until 2.00am may stop taking food orders at 1.00am or 1.40am – so be sure to check.
• In Ramadan you will only have musical instruments and dance performances, although there may be some Arabic singing. Essentially the live entertainment offerings have an Arabic theme – with Tanoura dancers or instrumental bands. They may also only perform at certain times in the evening, so if the live entertainment options matter for your Ramadan Tent or Restaurant experience then check the details and timings with the venue when you book.
• Double-check the pricings of the event you wish to attend, as again Iftar and Suhoor events are very different. Usually Ramadan Suhoor events will be priced higher than Iftar events. If you want to go to a venue with Shisha then double check when booking about the availability and pricings.
•There is no alcoholic beverage service during the whole month of Ramadan. It will usually resume the first day of Eid, but check with each individual outlet.
• If you are planning on bringing children with you please consider Iftar options as Suhoor does start quite late. It is also worth knowing that these venues get really busy towards the middle of the fasting period, so if you prefer a family-friendly non-smoke environment you should take advantage of the quiet period and head out earlier in the month to Ramadan Tents and Iftar and Suhoor Meals.
• Generally the venues don’t get smoky until very late in the evening, so if you are looking for smoke-free Ramadan venues for a family-friendly fun then go earlier in the day. Also double-check with the venue about the pricings for children as per their age group – some venues don’t charge for under 5s.
• When booking on the telephone make sure to take down the name of the person who you made your booking with and make sure they confirm the correct details. If possible ask them to send you a confirmation email of your booking in case of any issues. Also make sure you cancel reservations as soon as possible if you cannot make them. If you have any issues when you arrive at the venue ask to speak to the manager and above all be polite and remain calm.
• Be sure to check it for 2 for 1 Entertainer offers on buffets which you may be able to use for Ramadan buffets – be sure to ask when you call up to make a booking. If you have been really wanting to enjoy Ramadan in Doha by trying out an Iftar or Suhoor at a Ramadan Tent then choose wisely based on your vouchers!
• Many of the hotels have specials promotions and deals during Ramadan for combined Room and Dinner packages. If you are looking for Ramadan Room packages be sure to check out if Iftar or Suhoor is included in the promotion.
• The details of timings and pricings may change last minute, so always check with the venue when you make your booking. If you are dining without a reservation you can call ahead to check this information.
• Make sure you don’t run too late to enjoy your event of choice. Some venues will open up at sunset, while others may open after Maghrib prayers which will be at least another 15 to 30 minutes more. Venues will also have at least an hour break between Iftar and Suhoor to clean up and prepare for the next event; if you arrive early you should be okay waiting in the lobby or waiting area.
• Do keep in mind that the Doha roads will be even busier than normal with more cars on the road as residents head to evening prayers or to break their fast – so plan ahead and most importantly drive safe!
• We all love five star treatment and the hotels in Doha have a range of options for Iftar/Suhoor with set menus and/or Ramadan Tents. However, don’t forget your local restaurant or eatery may also have its own offers or special menus for Ramadan – so always ask. Expect most restaurants in the Malls to have special Iftar menus available at set prices.
• For people who are not fasting there will be some hotel restaurants open offering a la carte menus or breakfast buffets during the day. Also takeaway options may be available during the afternoon at some restaurants and local cafes. Make sure to check the timings and don’t just turn up – you may expect your favourite restaurant to be open, only to find it has been closed for Ramadan. Always double-check!
We will keep updating this feature to include details about Ramadan dining options, including Ramadan Iftars, so be sure to keep checking back!
If there are any options we have missed you can keep us updated by commenting below or sending us a message on our social media channels:
FACEBOOK – /qatareating
TWITTER – @qatareating
INSTAGRAM – qatar_eating